Major Acquisitions and Foreign Investment Transactions
- Coca-Cola's acquisition of Coca-Cola related assets from four listed Korean
- BASF AG's acquisition of lysine business from Daesang Group
- Financing provided by International Finance Corporation to Hana Bank and Korea
Long Term Credit Bank (which was merged into Kookmin Bank later)
- Financing provided by International Finance Corporation, AIG Asian Infrastructure
Fund and Nederlandse Financierings-Maatschappij voor Ontwikkelingslanden
N.V. to Shinmoorim Paper Mfg. Co., Ltd.
- Acquisition of significant equity interest in KT Freetel Co., Ltd. by Capital
Communications CDPQ Inc.
- Acquisition of controlling ownership interest in Aluminum of Korea Ltd. by Alcoa
- Acquisition of controlling ownership interest in Diamond Ad Ltd. by Cordiant
Communications Group plc
- Equity placements to foreign investor by Korea Information and Communications
- Establishment of joint venture for electronic cash business between MasterCard
International Korea and several foreign and domestic investors.
- Establishment of joint venture for defense industry business between Thomson -
CSF SA and Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
- Establishment of multimedia holding company by Tong Yang Confectionery
Co., Ltd. and related equity placements
- Acquisition of controlling equity interest in Hansol M.com Co., Ltd. by Korea
Telecom Corp (KT).
- Acquisition of significant equity interest in Korea Thrunet Co., Ltd. by AIG Group
- Spin-off of telecommunications line leasing business of Korea Telecom M.com
Co., Ltd. and subsequent sale of it to Hansol iGlobe Co., Ltd.
- Investments made by Prudential and International Finance Corporation in CJ
Investment Trust & Securities Co., Ltd.
- Acquisition of Hynix Semiconductor's active matrix liquid crystal display business
by a consortium of investors led by Cando Corporation
- Acquisition of ethylbenzene and styrene monomer manufacturing plant by BASF
Company Ltd. from SK Evertec Co., Ltd.
- Dacom Corporation's bid for controlling equity interest in Powercomm Corporation
- Sale of Thrunet's dedicated telecommunications line leasing business to SK
Global Co., Ltd.
- Gambro AB's acquisition of hemodialysis manufacturing plant from company
controlled by Green Cross Corporation and establishment of related joint venture
- Establishment of Korean joint venture between Samsung General Chemicals Co.,
Ltd. and Total Holdings U.K. Limited
- Representation of a group of foreign banks in the SK Networks restructuring
- Temasek Holdings¡¯ bid for controlling equity interest in KorAm Bank
- Acquisition of Daewoo Commercial Vehicle Co., Ltd. by Tata Motors Limited
- Acquisition of Orion Electric Co., Ltd. by MatlinPatterson Funds
- Acquisition of Sejong Securities Co., Ltd. by National Agricultural Cooperative
- NACF¡¯s bid for acquisition of LG Card Co., Ltd.
- Acquisition of CJ Investment and Securities Co., Ltd. by Hyundai Heavy
Major Finance Transactions
Build-Transfer-Operate (BTO) and Build-Transfer-Lease (BTL) Projects
- Incheon International Airport Expressway Project (BTO)
- Yongduk-Yangjae Expressway Facility Project (BTO)
- Seosoowon-Osan-Pyungtaek Expressway Facility Project (BTO)
- Seoul Beltway Private Investment Project (BTO)
- Yong-in Sewage Treatment Plant Project (BTO)
- Kangnam Urban Ring Expressway Project (BTO)
- Keoje-Busan Fixed Link Project (BTO)
- Machang Bridge Project (BTO)
- Cheonan-Nonsan Expressway Project (BTO)
- Busan Kimhae Light Rail Transit System Project (BTO)
- Seoul-Chuncheon Expressway Project (BTO)
- Subway Line No. 9 Project (BTO)
- Busan New Container Port Project (BTO)
- Cheongju Water Treatment Facility Project (BTL)
- Kimhae Water Treatment Facility Project (BTL)
- Daejeon Seteo and 4 Other Elementary Schools Project (BTL)
- Chungbuk University Dormitory Project (BTL)
- Navy Jinhae Base Residence Project (BTL)
- Jeonra Line Railway Project (BTL)
Real Estate Development Projects
- Incheon Chungna Area Foreign Investment Attraction Project (Theme Park-type Golf Course Project)
- Busan Centum City 23 BL High-rise Complex Development
- Kyunghee Dongseo Hospital Construction and Operation
- New Zealand Lake View Golf Resort Development
- Goyangsi Ilsan KINTEX Commercial Facility
- Jongro-gu Insa-dong 87 Office Building Construction and Sale
- Seoul Euijungbu Shindo Branew Apartment
- Busan Haewoondae-gu New Town Commercial Complex
- Financing for Shipbuilding of Eukor Car Carriers ($16,131,526.54)
- Financing for Shipbuilding of 4 New Vessels for Keo Yang Shipping Co. Ltd. ($25,500,000)
- Financing for Shipbuilding of Hanjin Shipping Co. Ltd. ($295,800,000)
- Financing for Shipbuilding of Dongbuk-A #2 for Hyundai Merchant Marine ($42,000,000) and
Establishment of Shipping Funds.
- Financing for Shipbuilding of Dongbuk-A #3, 4, 5 for Hyundai Merchant Marine ($175,287,000)
and Establishment of Shipping Funds.
- Financing for Shipbuilding of Dongbuk-A 21 for Polaris Shipping
- Financing for Shipbuilding of Dong-A Taker ($27,000,000) through GE Capital
Offshore Issuance of Securities
- Hanjin Shipping¡¯s Offshore Issuance of ABCP
- Hyundai Motors¡¯ Offshore Issuance of Floating Rate Notes (FRNs) and Global Depository
- Woori Financial Holding Company¡¯s Issuance of FRNs
- INICIS Co. Ltd.¡¯s Offshore Issuance of Bonds with Warrant (BWs)
- Woori Investment & Securities Asia Pte. Ltd.¡¯s Offshore Issuance of
Exchangeable Bonds(EBs) for the Stock of KCC Co. Ltd.
- Offshore SPV¡¯s Offshore Issuance of EBs for the Stock of Schramm Holding AG
(a German corporation)
- Daishin Securities¡¯ Offshore Issuance of GDR
- Daewoo Motor Sales Co., Ltd.¡¯s Offshore Issuance of FRNs
- LG Card Co., Ltd¡¯s Offshore Issuance of FRNs
- Ssang Yong Cement Co., Ltd.¡¯ s Offshore Issuance of FRN
- Numerous Other Offshore Issuances of FRNs, CBs, BWs and EBs of Listed Companies such
as STX Engine Co. Ltd., HanSoft Inc., Wooyoung Co.,
Ltd.,Green Cross Holdings Corp., DPI Co., Ltd., and Dong-A Pharmaceutical
- Acquisition Financing for Jinro Co., Ltd.
- Acquisition Financing for New Core Co., Ltd.
- Acquisition Financing for HAITAI Stores Co., Ltd.
- Acquisition Financing for Carrefour Korea Co., Ltd.
- Acquisition Financing for Hanil Synthetic Fiber Co., Ltd.
Major Dispute Resolution Cases
- Coca-Cola¡¯s trademark dispute against Lotte Chilsung regarding the "Sprite" trademark
- Industrial diamond trade secret dispute between Iljin Diamond and GE
- Computer Associates, Inc.¡¯s dispute against the Korean Customs Service related
to imposition of customs tax on imported software
- Dispute between Hyundai Space & Aircraft Co., Ltd. and Boeing Company
regarding the production and delivery of aircraft wings
- Defense of First Bank Korea (now known as Standard Chartered Bank Korea)
in a derivatives suit brought by minority shareholders
- Coca-Cola¡¯s suit to dismiss an unfair trade practice correction order issued by the Korean Fair Trade Commission
- Bank of Credit and Commerce International¡¯s (BCCI) dispute regarding the
maritime rescue of the AI Mujeeb vessel
- Dispute regarding Gateway Fund, a fund established by Peregrine Securities
- Dispute between Korad and Ogilvy & Mather related to an M&A transaction
- Dispute between a bus terminal operator and a major express bus transportation company
- Fair trade law dispute regarding the merger of SK Telecom Co., Ltd. and Shinsegi Telecom, Inc.
- Dispute regarding a construction bid, among Korea National Oil Corporation,
Hyundai Engineering & Construction Co., Ltd., LG Engineering & Construction
Corp., Daewoo and Samsung C&T Corporation
- Dispute between Serome and WIZnet Inc. regarding Internet phone service technology
- Entertainment cases, including comedian Young-Ja Lee¡¯s defamation case;
singer Suh Taeji¡¯s publicity rights dispute; and music group 1TYM¡¯s photo
- Third party lawsuit objecting to the provisional attachment of the right to receive construction
payments in a major government construction project
- Coca-Cola¡¯s dispute against Bumyang Food and Beverage Company involving
the supply of cola concentrates
- Suit for compensatory damages relating to the Suhae (West Sea) Ferry accident
- Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company¡¯s suit to recover certain molds from a Korean licensee
following the termination of a license agreement
- Suit for compensatory damages in connection with the importation of industrial alcohol for use
in the production of soju
- Ford Motor Company¡¯s dispute involving a claim for the return of a contract
- Trademark dispute involving the ELLE trademark
- National Agricultural Cooperative Federation¡¯s objection to the avoidance of its security
interests in the bankruptcy of Dongsuh Securities Co., Ltd.
- Deutschbank¡¯s suit to cancel the Korean Intellectual Property Office¡¯s refusal to
grant a trademark registration
- Case involving a corrective order issued by the Korean Fair Trade Commission against three
major beer-brewing companies in response to their alleged collusion